Statistical Learning in Computational Biology
- Introductory meeting: Apr 16, 2013, 10:00 a.m., room 21 (ground level), MPI for Informatics
- Block seminar: September 23rd - September 25th, 2013, 9:00 till 16:00. Reports have to be handed in until the 13th of September.
- You get 7 credit points
- Master students are eligible (required lecture: The Elements of Statistical Learning I)
- Recommended lecture: The Elements of Statistical Learning II
- Registration: Please send an email to npfeifer at mpi-inf.mpg.de (topic: seminar Statistical Learning in Computational Biology)
Recent advances in high-throughput technologies have led to an exponential increase in biological data (such as genomic, epigenomic and proteomic data). To find meaningful insights in such large data collections, efficient statistical learning methods are needed. This seminar will give an overview of different statistical learning techniques applied to different omics data (e.g., genomics, proteomics, and epigenomics).
Every student will give a 45 minute presentation on the assigned topic and will also hand in a report of 10 - 15 pages.
Topics are available here: password protected area.